Rushton’s Beach Provincial Park is within walking distance of McLeod’s Beachfront Cottages. This is a popular park for bird watching.
The Northumberland Links Golf Club is a 30 minute drive. It is rated as one of the best golf courses in Canada. The scenic villages of River John and Tatamagouche are only minutes away for shopping.
The historic town of Pictou is a 30 minute drive. Included there is the Northumberland Fisheries Museum and the Ship Hector.
Other attractions within a few minutes of McLeod’s Beachfront Cottages:
- Balmoral Grist Mill Museum
- Sutherland Steam Mill Museum
- Jost Winery
- The Barachois Marina
- Lobster Pounds
- Natural Route Massage
- Tea Rooms and Restaurants
- River John Library (free internet service)
- Sugar Moon Farm
- The Country Bread Basket Bakery (awesome bread & desserts)
- The Pork Shop (fresh pork products)
- Fishing & Hunting (one of the best areas in N.S.)
- The Trans Canada Trail